Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 15, 2008

Five Point Someone...

When you are an avid reader…you can pretty well read anything and everything on this earth…and its not every once in a while that you come across a book that touches the right strings of your senses or your hearts…ya you may read a hundred books and relate to some or the other part of each one of them…but then there are those very few which urge you to start living with the characters of the book…
Am writing here about this book that I wud have read a couple of times before and everytime I get a different feeling…may be everytime i skipped thru the pages jus to know wat exactly happens at the end of it all…but this time I read this book reading every line of it…almost reliving my days gone by…ya I know when you read something interesting you always carve an image of the characters and start imagining….but with this book it was different…though I did not even carve out images for the characters…I almost felt they were living with me…as if I am living some days of my life gone by…i am enjoying every bit of it...and then this strange sorrow surrounds me as the pages of the book are indicating that the book is gonnna get over soon…I jus wish this book doesn’t get over so soon…as if some part of my own life is getting over here…may be many of you are thinking I am exaggerating things here…but to tell you the truth…I almost lived with the characters of the book…hari, ryan, alok, neha, prof veera…I know exactly what the writer must have felt when he says “four years of freaking craziness to get a degree…” and when he writes about the convo…how much I wish the book not to get over at all…I know how many “it sucks…and change the system” phrases I used being a part of my college freakiness…but at the end of it…the day I was going home after finishing my last project viva and comprehensive viva….how much I wished to be back to one of the classrooms and reliving my four years at the doomed insti…to be back in the hostel terrace chatting, gossiping, reading some Sidney Sheldon/Nicholas sparks…jus hiding away from the warden, and other management ppl…or jus even for our group studies which never actually happened anywhere ever except at the hostel roof…ohh what a view at nite when even the OMR dint even look like a dreaded rd…jus the most beautiful rd in the whole of the city…and finally I missed the convo…as not being one of the toppers had very few chances of any notice of me being absent in the convo…now when I look back…I can jus say…what wonderful four years at that…the most amazing days of my life..
Ok coming back to the book…I know I got carried away by my emotions for my own college days…no matter how cramped those were…ya so about the book….this book really touched me…one book I jus cant read and put back on to the shelf…it really holds a part of my life…the moments I lived with the characters…the moments I kept goin back to my own life with these people….it was an amazing experience…I relived some very beautiful days of my life…and wished some days could come back for good….and wished i really was at the hostel corridors…or @ sasi’s….or @ the insti roof…

No comments: